Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Precision of Police Lidar as Calculated from the published specification.
05-29-2013, 10:36 PM,
Precision of Police Lidar as Calculated from the published specification.
In Western Australia police will subtract 2kph from the observed speed on their LiDar units to compute the actual speed.I don't believe this 2kph is correct and have written up the following to back up my claim (i.e. the attachment).

Essentially I am helping somebody fight a speeding fine and it hinges on the 2kph limit and I will present this to the lawyer when defending this case.I am still waiting for the photographs and measurement data as there are certain criteria that need to be met for a valid measurement. However I think this may also be a valid defence.

My background is as a surveyor and this equipment (LiDar) is surveying equipment. The calculation of equipment precision and analysis of measurement data is in a surveyors area of expertise. My obvious concern is getting the mathematics across to a policeman and a magistrate who may only have basic maths skills.

Appreciate any suggestions and/or other opinions on this subject. Especially interested in hearing about anybody who has successfully used this defence.

Attached Files
.pdf   SpeedCameraAnalysis2.pdf (Size: 56.18 KB / Downloads: 1)