Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is a Detector a Waste of Money?
07-20-2009, 01:53 PM,
Is a Detector a Waste of Money?
I just got a new detector. Haven't had one in years but got nabbed near my house the other night for the first time in years as I wasn't paying attention to my speed on an arterial with very very light traffic. A cop has started hanging out there (infrequently) in the past year but never seen one there before that which explains why no ticket (and that I'm usually more careful - guess the city needs more income due to the economy.)
07-20-2009, 02:11 PM,
RE: Is a Detector a Waste of Money?
This kind of situation happens in a lot of places. For example, in shopping complexes where they have to tie up your plastic bags with some plastic bands……and you will still have to go pass those ‘detector’ thing at the entrance. If you already have those hypersensitive detector, then don’t waste your money on those plastic bands.

Another example is PLUS highway. I recently noticed that there are some “donation box” for some charity thingy, placed at the payment counter aka checkpoint of major highways. Funny thing is, they’ve put those boxes in Smart Tag and Touch N Go lanes. That’s a complete waste of resources again since…well….I seriously doubt anyone will donate there.

Or….getting 5 people to do 1 person’s job such as cleaning the hallway. 1 people doing the job, 4 people looking at it.

I can go on and on and on about such things because there are just too many examples in our country where resources are being wasted due to poor planning. Maybe these businesses/companies/organizations should take a look at all their operation side of things and cut down on the unnecessary ones.
09-08-2009, 10:24 AM,
Absolutely not! It has saved me much more money than I paid for the little sweetheart. I am apt to be forgetful about my speed and let it creep up if I don't have anymore traffic on the highway. So if I'm tooling down the road and I'm by myself late at night, I'm usually the one who would get tagged by the trooper if I didn't have mine.
09-08-2009, 11:24 PM,
If it helps you so you pay attention to the speed limit or notifies you in time that a law enforcement official has you in his sights, then I say yes, it's worth the money. But you have to remember, a tool is only as good as the person using it.
03-01-2011, 06:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-30-2011, 01:19 PM by Delonix.)
Where can i buy a shark detector?
my dad just brought a 100 foot yacht...we went on a family vacation to Bahamas on the yacht we stopped in the middle of the ocean to go for a swim but everyone was afraid to go swimming an jet skiing because they where afraid sharks might be in the water....Where Can I buy A shark Detector That is capable of detecting sharks up to 10 miles away...or does a shark Detector Even Exist?
03-30-2011, 01:20 PM,
Johnsena2012 you have been permanently banned, and 83 out of your 87 posts have been deleted for spamming about other crap that has nothing to do with this forum.
DelonixRadar - your no BS, unbiased resource on radar detector, and speed camera products.