Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Whistler has the hots for laser
07-20-2009, 01:26 PM,
My Whistler has the hots for laser
So, what do you guys think the Whistler chick was thinking about when she recorded the "laser" voice warning for the 690SE? Is it just me or does it sound like she could be in adult movies? I know my wife is going to roll her eyes the first time she hears my XTR-690SE say "laser" in that oh so sexy voice. LOL. Maybe she sounds that way because when you get that warning you are likely about to get screwed?
07-20-2009, 01:41 PM,
RE: My Whistler has the hots for laser
I never thought a bike with 6" rear travel could climb as well as the ID. The ICT geometry is such that the bike shoots forward with every pedal stoke which makes it climb with less effort and accelerate quickly. I can climb long uphills on my middle ring now which I could never do before. The Romic shock makes for a very smooth downhill ride and prevents excessive bobing, when set-up correctly. The light weight wheelset also increases climbing efficiency and sprinting quickness.
07-22-2009, 03:33 PM,
(07-20-2009, 01:26 PM)william1900 Wrote: So, what do you guys think the Whistler chick was thinking about when she recorded the "laser" voice warning for the 690SE? Is it just me or does it sound like she could be in adult movies? I know my wife is going to roll her eyes the first time she hears my XTR-690SE say "laser" in that oh so sexy voice. LOL. Maybe she sounds that way because when you get that warning you are likely about to get screwed?

William - Yea, my missus used to say the same thing and had a laugh about it.

George...WTF?
DelonixRadar - your no BS, unbiased resource on radar detector, and speed camera products.
08-19-2009, 04:15 AM,
LOL! Yeah she does sort of sound that way doesn't she? I wouldn't mind meeting her but I bet she's a 65 year old granny with missing teeth and saggy skin that reaches down to her knees. Big Grin
08-24-2009, 11:21 AM,
I wanna hear? You guys got me all curious now. I have heard my fair share of some of them, some corny, some sexy and some startling tones. I haven't heard this one I wonder if there is a clip somewhere online to hear it?
08-24-2009, 11:37 AM,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khr9UEGZfD0

1:46 seconds into the video
DelonixRadar - your no BS, unbiased resource on radar detector, and speed camera products.
09-03-2009, 04:07 AM,
Tongue  RE: My Whistler has the hots for laser
(08-24-2009, 11:21 AM)CosmoBean Wrote: I wanna hear? You guys got me all curious now.

I wanted to hear as well CosmoBean because I was curious too. I watched the video and I would have to disagree. I don't think it sounds any "sexier" than any of the other supposedly sexy alert/warning voices I've heard before.
09-04-2009, 09:38 AM,
(08-24-2009, 11:37 AM)Delonix Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khr9UEGZfD0

1:46 seconds into the video

Wasn't as totally impressed as I thought I would be but certainly not within the rankings of an "un-sexy" voice. Would be a nice voice to be warned by I would say.
09-18-2009, 11:46 AM,
Sort of reminds me of the computer's sexy voice in the episode of the original Star Trek when the computer went on the blink and Mr. Spock fell in love on this one kooky planet. But as a male, yeah, she sounds pretty good.
09-30-2009, 06:07 AM,
Wow, I am a woman and I thought it was sexy sounding. How funny is that! So they not only want to alert you, but also get the men all confused. It's a wonder you all don't hit the gas instead of the brake!